So my husband is in Berlin this weekend. So far, I’ve already spent my Sunday walking the dog and cleaning out our closets. Yup, I’m bored. So there’s only one more thing to do before I completely crumble down from boredom: bake! As I’m not feeling too reckless today, I’m sticking to the simplest of simple baking options: pancakes! Plus, they’re really yummy, so that’s an added bonus!
Let’s start baking, shall we?
Your shopping list for about 16 to 18 pancakes:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar (about 8g)
- 50g white sugar
- a sprinkle of salt
- 4 eggs
- 700ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of oil or melted butter
Your easy peasy recipe:
- Sift the flour in a bowl, add the sugar, the vanilla sugar, salt and oil or butter.
- Make a hole in the middle and add the eggs and half of the milk in there.
- Mix it all up until you’ve got a firm, but smooth batter. Add the rest of the milk and mix it up once more.
- Let your batter rest for about 15 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a pancake pan and spread it all out over the pan.
- Pour some of the batter into the pan with a ladle and turn your pan around until the batter covers the entire pan.
- Turn over your pancake once one side is nice and golden.
- Put pancake aside on a grill to cool down (not a plate, because then the pancakes start to sweat)
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
Start eating! You can top your pancake with loads of different stuff like caster sugar, whipped cream, ice cream, strawberries or a combination of all of the above 😉 But my personal favorite? NUTELLA !! Whether your pancakes are eaten cold or warm, there’s nothing better than a spread of Nutella on top.
Om nom nom!