As you might know by now, I’m a big fan of easy, but tasty recipes. Especially if they’re vegetarian! I had a go at a fried rice recipe a while ago and then tried to make it my own over the past few weeks. I can now share it with you as I am very happy with the end result. This is how it looks like in the wok:
Your shopping list for a (VERY) generous portion for two:
- 200g cooked rice, of the non stick kind
- a big handful of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 onion, sliced into pieces
- 140g canned sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 3 to 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 packs of vegetarian vegetable balls (or chicken breasts cut up into piece if you want the non-veggie option)
- olive oil
- Heat up some of the olive oil in a large wok pan, then add the balls and fry until slightly brown on the outside. Or the pieces of chicken. But don’t, these balls taste sooo good in this recipe:
- Empty the balls into a bowl, add some extra olive oil to the wok if necessary and add the cut up onion as well as the frozen peas and carrots. Heat them up nicely. At the very end, add the sweet corn to the mixture.
- Empty this mixture in the bowl together with the balls.
- Again, add some olive oil to the wok if necessary and cook the beaten eggs into an omelette in the wok. Take care, this goes pretty fast, so don’t forget to stir. Cut up the omelette into small, bite size pieces.
- Dip in the cooked rice as well as the veggie balls and the vegetable mixture. Pour over the soy sauce and heat it all up again, whilst mixing it all up nicely.
In the picture of my finished recipe, you might also see some tiny pieces of cut up sweet potatoes. I added these too to the final mixture in the end. If you want to do this too, take one large sweet potato, cut it up into pieces. Put it in a baking tray, pour over some olive oil and season with pepper and salt. Put it in a preheated oven (220°) for about 15 minutes. Add it at the end, just before serving.