Last week, the husband was invited to play a dj-set at Tresor, Berlin and I happily turned it into a short city trip. We flew into Berlin Tegel from Antwerp airport with Jetairfly after a short flight and took the public transportation to the hotel, nhow Berlin.
The nhow in Berlin is part of the Spanish NH hotel chain. The promote it as “a music and lifestyle hotel”. Music, for sure, as you can reserve guitars in the room and your own dj-turntable set. Lifestyle, maybe, if your lifestyle is pink. 🙂
We checked into the hotel shortly after 14h. As it said that you could only check in from 15h onwards, I though we were going to have to wait for our room. Luckily, it was ready! The girl at the reception was very friendly and she checked us in quite quickly. She asked us if we wanted a large bed in the superior room instead of the twins that we reserved. We agreed to her suggestion and were handed our keycards to room nr 325.
What a lovely room it was, all in light pink! But … no big bed, but twins. Slight disappointment, but as the room was a corner room at the end of the hallway and the views onto the city were great, I wasn’t inclined to switch rooms. The room was light and airy, with quite a big bathroom. The bathroom was open, but the tiled walk-in shower was cornered off. Pink fluffy towels were waiting as well as two beautiful bathrobes and some of the fluffiest pink slippers I’ve ever seen.
The nhow hotel in Berlin has 5 or 6 elevators, all in different kinds of shocking colors, each with their own theme styled music like jazz, pop, classic. Nice feature, in line with the overall style of the hotel. The room was as good as soundproof, which is very important for us in order to have a good nights sleep. The hotel also offers breakfast, but as we were in Berlin and restaurants were plentiful, we decided not to take it.
There’s also a lovely, big outside terrace, almost directly on the Spree river. It was very relaxing sitting out there, looking out over the river, enjoying an Axl Rose cocktail. By the way, if you’re booked in a suite, you can even reserve your own Mini to drive around town in!
So, final report: I’d definitely go back to the nhow hotel when we’re staying in Berlin. It gets a solid 8 to 8,5 out of 10! It’s close to lots of lovely restaurants and the major clubs in the city. But … here are my buts:
- I know good staff is difficult to find in the hospitality sector. But a simple hello, good morning or how are you today can go a long way.
- Setting off the fire alarm at 7 in the morning after a night of clubbing, was not really a nice wake up call. Especially since the fire alarm sound was way too loud and really piercing.
- The food and drinks they’re serving in the bar is really good. But I’d have like to get table service in this kind of upmarket hotel.
- Roomservice should knock several times before entering the room, especially at 8h30 in the morning in one of the party capitals of Europe.
- I don’t know why, but I missed some kind of rooftop swimming pool to cool off during the scorching heat of the summer. That would’ve been great.
Go and book your stay in this lovely hotel in Berlin and enjoy the pinkness of it all: nhow Berlin