Sometimes you’re in the mood for some simple comfort food. Easy to make, very tasty. This weekend, I tried to make enchiladas con pollo and they tasted heavenly. Not too spicy, not too plain. Just right. Here’s the recipe to try it at home yourselves:
Your shopping list that will feed a party of 4:
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 2 to 3 chicken filets
- 2 red onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 crop of iceberg lettuce
- 240g canned red beans
- 200g canned sweet corn
- 100g grated cheddar
- 4dl tomato passata
- 1ts of cumin
- 1ts of cane sugar
- olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Clean up the bell peppers and chop them up into pieces. Do the same with the red onions and the chili pepper and chop up the garlic cloves.
- In a large pan, heat up some olive oil and fry up the garlic, onions, chili and bell pepper until softened. Add the drained red beans and corn into the mixture and add 2dl of the tomato passata. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Cut up the chicken filets into small pieces and fry them in olive oil.Season them with pepper and salt too. Mix them up with the vegetable mixture once they’re browned.
- Mix the rest of the passata with the cane sugar and season with pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Spread open a tortilla wrap and spoon in some of the vegetable-chicken mixture. Roll it up and put it in a buttered up oven dish. Repeat with all the wraps. Pour over the passata mixture you’ve set aside and sprinkle the cheddar on top.
- Place your enchiladas in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Whilst they’re cooking up nicely, finely chop up the iceberg lettuce.
Once your enchiladas are nice and warm, serve them up on a plate with the iceberg lettuce and guacamole. Enjoy!