I love travelling, but I hate packing my suitcases. I always end up taking way too much stuff with me. Or worse, not leaving enough empty space for the shopping spree I’m bound to have. Here’s 5 items you should definitely leave at home when packing though:
- A fanny pack / your money belt. You’re not walking around with it at home, so why should you wear this fashion no-no abroad? Burn it instead.
- Travel clothing. It’s expensive. It makes you look like a tourist. You wouldn’t wear it at home. Don’t buy it and pack your regular clothes.
- Your entire medicine cabinet. You don’t need hundreds of bandaids. You don’t need packets full of paracetamol/ibuprofen/Imodium/ … You do need one strip of those medicine and a couple of bandaids though. But not your entire cabinet. They have medicine abroad too by the way.
- Travel appliances. A travel iron? A small hair dryer? A garment steamer? Did you actually buy that? Don’t – hotels have almost all of them in your room nowadays.
- Expensive things. Expensive jewelry, designer shoes, expensive clothes, sentimental things. Leave them all at home. You won’t wear them and you’ll be scared they get lost or stolen.