Autumn has arrived! As you all know, this is my favourite cooking season, time to get out those Staub-pans and cake tins! First up on the cooking schedule: Breton apple pie! So easy to make, very delicious both warm and cold.
The shopping list:
- 6 golden delicious apples
- a packet of puff pastry (round shape)
- 100g butter
- 35g corn starch
- 3 free range eggs
- 175g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Cut up the apples into small cubes of about 1x1cm.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a round pie tray of about 20 to 22 cm and fill it with the apple cubes.
- Melt the butter. Scrape out the vanilla pod. Mix it all up with the eggs, sugar and corn starch. Pour the batter over the pie.
- Let it bake in your preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve it either lukewarm with a scoop of vanilla ice or let it cool down first.