My husband is a big fan of my home made curry sauce. It’s got a dash of coconut taste in there which he simply adores. Plus, I’ve got quite a few vegan friends, so when they decide to come over for lunch or dinner, this recipe is often on the menu.
Your shopping list (+/- 2 people, dependent on how big your veggies are):
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 200g rice
- 200 ml Alpro Soya coconut cooking cream (or any coconut cooking cream as a substitute)
- some soy milk
- olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- half a cube of vegetable stock
- curry powder to taste
- tofu cubes
- some chicken spices
- some fried onions if you like
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- In a wok or a regular pan: add some olive oil and bake your tofu cubes with some chicken spices and set aside once they are slightly crispy.
- For your veggies:
- Peel the carrots and cut them up into little cubes.
- Wash your zucchini, cut in half and scrape out the seeds. Cut into cubes.
- De-seed the peppers and cut them up into cubes as well.
- Heat up some olive oil in a wok-pan and first soften the carrots and the zucchini and then add the peppers to do the same.
- For the curry sauce:
- Heat up the coconut soy milk and crumble in the vegetable stock. Add the curry powder to taste. I like to shake quite a bit of powder in there …
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Let it cook for a while and thicken.
- If you see that you won’t have enough sauce, add some soy milk in there too and let it thicken a bit further.
- To serve: spoon some of the rice into a bowl, top with the veggies, some tofu and the curry sauce. I like to add some fried onions as well on top. This adds to the crunchiness of the dish.